Tuesday 27 November 2012

Two weeks since round two

Today is the two week anniversary of the start of round two.
How do I feel?
I feel ok.
I'm still suffering from a bit of vertigo but it is more of an annoyance than anything else.
My energy levels have increased although if I do too much standing or try to do too much I do need to go and sit down for a little while. But it's getting better.
Overall I feel better than I thought I would.
I've been signed off work for six weeks which I am glad about because I fear my work colleagues, as lovely as some of them are, are not the cleanest bunch. One takes great pride in sneezing (loud with an accompanying spray of germs) without covering his mouth. Apparently the particles which get fired out in a sneeze can travel up to 12ft. I feel repulsed and disgusted by this on a normal day. But with a compromised immunity as the one I am now sporting as well, you can add fear to that as well.
The dread of catching a bug is paramount in my mind at the moment. To the point where I've become a little obsessed by it. This is an absolutely ridiculous state of mind to be in considering I have a 21-month-old son who has a cough and runny nose on an almost permanent basis bringing home nasty little germies picked up after his day in nursery. Be that may, I am still a bit paranoid about being around anyone (apart from my son!) who may be harbouring some filthy bug desperate to find a new host.
So I've gone off radar from meeting up with people for a while.
To be honest, I don't really have the energy to go gallivanting so it's no hardship.
From this time last week, I feel 100% better but from this time three weeks ago I still feel pretty pathetic.
All in all, things are looking up but there's still a little way to go before I feel me at full strength again.

No comments:

Post a Comment