Monday 5 December 2011

Week two after the Big A

The last week has been a tale of two halves.
Week two after the Big A started off okay. I actually felt pretty normal and then mid-week came and it was downhill from there.
To say I had a lack of energy would be a complete understatement.
There were a few moments when I actually didn't think I had the strength to get through the day and the longing to phone my husband to come home from work and take over babysitting duties so I could just curl up on the sofa was almost overwhelming.
Being the brave little soldier I am, I resisted ringing him and forced myself to get through the day feeling light-headed, weak and altogether pathetic.
Headaches have been a source of irritation. Usually coming on during the night and waking me from my slumber, they have been pretty intense but I was able to get them to subside about half an hour after taking a couple of paracetamol.
The weird thing about the intense fatigue I've been getting is there doesn't seem to be any trigger. I either wake up feeling great or I wake up feeling like death. There doesn't appear to be any reason for the fatigue or any reason for why it disappears.
In terms of avoiding bugs, well so far so good. I have been shunning places where I know there will be lots of people. Christmas shopping has been done online as has the weekly 'big shop'.
I've also avoiding hugging and kissing visitors to the house and haven't been apologetic about it either!
And my hands are starting to get quite sore because I am constantly washing them.
I'm still taking the anti-viral tablets but as I enter week three post-Big A, I'm feeling positive that my immune system is rebuilding itself and that I may well have gone through the worst now.

No comments:

Post a Comment