Saturday 19 November 2011

One day after the Big A

To described how I'm feeling at the moment is just a four letter word... WEAK!
I am as weak as a kitten, I have zero energy and generally feel like I've the remnants of a hangover (ha! I should be so lucky!)
It got so bad earlier, that I actually had to sit down in the middle of my shower while trying to rinse my soapy hair. So bad, I had to shout to my husband to help me up because otherwise I would still be sitting there.
It took all the energy I could muster to dry and get dressed and then that was it - I was totalled. Even trying to sit at the table to eat lunch was a huge feat. I had to rest several times between mouthfuls because it felt like my body was too weak to hold my head up.
Writing this is actually a real effort and I'm going to stop soon.
I don't know if it is a low blood pressure scenario again because this is how I felt yesterday in the hospital when they hooked me up to fluids.
Also I had to take my ventolin inhaler earlier which I use for mild asthma - I haven't had to use it for a while now but my chest got really tight all of a sudden and I really needed it. It eased within minutes after taking a couple of puffs but shocked me how quick and without warning it came on.
So I am now holed up on the sofa and have no plans to move from here for the next day or so. I am quite surprised at how awful I feel to be honest - I genuinely didn't think it would feel like this. Ah well, it can only get better now so I'm going to try and enjoy the forced recuperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment